- Green Up Your Business and Add Green to your Pocket: 5 Ways to Reduce Your Company’s Environmental Footprint
- When The Mediterranean Coast Went MIA & Sustainable Tourism Helped Find It
- Champions of Upcycling
- Eco-friendly living for 2019 and beyond: Reduce-Reuse-Repurpose!
- The 7th Annual Pentawards Classic Competition Packaging Awards Open April 15th
- New York Mayor Calls for Ban on Plastic Foam Food Containers
- Martin Sheen To Host Program on Green Packaging
- The Disappearing Package – Can We Eliminate Package Waste?
- Stone Paper® is Ideal for Sustainable Packaging
- Make Simple but Beautiful Origami Paper Boxes
TagBacteria in Reusable Bags Ban on Plastic Bags Christmas ornament Crafts Made With Paper Crafts Out of Paper Creative Packaging Disposable Containers Eco-friendly Eco-friendly Packaging Eco-friendly Paper Eco-friendly Shopping Bags Eco-friendly Stone Paper® Eco Packaging Environmentally Friendly Environmentally Friendly Packaging Environmentally Friendly Stone Paper® Food Container Food Containers Food Packaging Food Packaging Containers Green Packaging Green Products How to Make Paper Crafts Improved Packaging Origami Paper Boxes Packaging Redesign Packaging Systems Paper crafts Paper from Minerals Paper Made From Minerals Paper Made of Minerals Paper Ornaments Plastic Bag Ban Promotional Packaging Repurpose Reusable Bags Reusable Grocery Shopping Bags Reusable Plastic Bags Reusable Shopping Bags Stone Paper® Sustainable Packaging Take Out Containers Take out Food Packaging Tote Bags Waterproof Paper
Stone Paper® is Ideal for Sustainable Packaging
Consumers are making it increasingly clear that they want businesses to use environmentally friendly packaging for their products, especially sustainable packaging. The news, entertainment, sports and life style online magazine terra.com recently published an article titled 3 Things You May Not Know About Sustainable Packaging, But Should.
The article, written by Jane Porter, focuses on three things businesses should know about sustainable packaging to help them make the best decisions for their eco-friendly packaging materials:
1) Cutting back too much on packaging can do more harm than good, if it results in damage to the product during shipping.
2) Recycled materials usually aren’t as durable as non-recycled ones. Recycling paper and cardboard made from trees, for example, results in shortened fibers, making them structurally weaker.
3) Traditional paper isn’t always a greener choice than plastic, largely because of how much energy and other resources are used in its production.
While these points may be true of paper made from trees, they do not apply to Stone Paper® – a revolutionary paper made from minerals. Stone Paper® is an eco-friendly alternative to traditional paper, and is made almost entirely of the common element calcium carbonate, found in many types of consumable products such as toothpaste, pharmaceutical products, or even in dietary supplements.
The calcium carbonate mineral powder is mixed with a small amount of non-toxic resin. The production process uses no wood, pulp, acid, bleach or wastewater, conserving energy and reducing carbon dioxide (Co2) emissions linked to global warming. Stone Paper® is also sustainable – capable of being manufactured with little or no long-term effect on the environment. One ton of environmentally friendly Stone Paper® saves 20 trees and 16,000 gallons of water.
Paper made from minerals is waterproof, tear resistant, insect proof, waterproof, fire resistant, grease resistant, mould resistant, insect proof, and FDA-compliant food grade. Durable Stone Paper® is available in a variety of thicknesses, from paper-like to as thick as cardboard.
These characteristics address Porter’s concerns about sustainable packaging being damaged during shipping, being structurally weaker, and the energy and resources used in the production of traditional paper vs plastic
Stone Paper® has been available for several years, and is patented in 40 countries. Demand for it is growing rapidly, especially overseas, but it’s not yet widely known in North America. With more and more businesses and manufacturers becoming aware of its advantages and cost effectiveness, expect to see Stone Paper® used more and more in a wide variety of green packaging.
To read Porter’s article in its entirety, visit news.terra.com.