- Stone Paper Presents: The Effectiveness of Polymer Mineralization on Climate Change
- Sustainable agriculture: Green packaging for better farming
- How to really do sustainable design in 2021
- How to stay in style while being sustainable
- Green Up Your Business and Add Green to your Pocket: 5 Ways to Reduce Your Company’s Environmental Footprint
- When The Mediterranean Coast Went MIA & Sustainable Tourism Helped Find It
- Champions of Upcycling
- Eco-friendly living for 2019 and beyond: Reduce-Reuse-Repurpose!
- The 7th Annual Pentawards Classic Competition Packaging Awards Open April 15th
- New York Mayor Calls for Ban on Plastic Foam Food Containers
TagBacteria in Reusable Bags Ban on Plastic Bags Christmas ornament Crafts Made With Paper Crafts Out of Paper Creative Packaging Disposable Containers Eco-friendly Eco-friendly Packaging Eco-friendly Paper Eco-friendly Shopping Bags Eco-friendly Stone Paper® Eco Packaging Environmentally Friendly Environmentally Friendly Packaging Environmentally Friendly Stone Paper® Food Container Food Containers Food Packaging Food Packaging Containers Green Packaging Green Products How to Make Paper Crafts Improved Packaging Origami Paper Boxes Packaging Redesign Packaging Systems Paper crafts Paper from Minerals Paper Made From Minerals Paper Made of Minerals Paper Ornaments Plastic Bag Ban Promotional Packaging Repurpose Reusable Bags Reusable Grocery Shopping Bags Reusable Plastic Bags Reusable Shopping Bags Stone Paper® Sustainable Packaging Take Out Containers Take out Food Packaging Tote Bags Waterproof Paper
How much “Greener” is Stone Paper®?
The latest thing in the eco-friendly movement is Stone Paper®, or paper made out of minerals. The primary component in Stone Paper® is calcium carbonate, present in most minerals readily found on the earth’s surface. This environmentally friendly process of manufacturing paper has made Stone Paper® popular as a “green” alternative to the usual paper made from trees.
The main question that arises about Stone Paper® is how “green” it really is. The use of calcium carbonate (up to 80%) instead of trees makes it a big hit with conservationists and tree lovers around the world. Stone Paper® is made from a type of filler easily found on our planet, without the disturbance of the important ecological balance that results from cutting down trees.
Stone Paper® uses just 25 mil BTU of energy for its production, compared to the 52 mil BTU of energy used to produce paper from trees. Moreover, the usual paper production requires 16,000 gallons of water, compared to only 4,000 gallons of water needed to make Stone Paper®.
Most importantly; there are no trees whatsoever used in the production of Stone Paper®. It is prepared using calcium carbonate and a non-toxic and completely recyclable binding agent HDPE (high density polyethylene) making it recyclable as well. Other important features of Stone Paper® include fire resistance, durability, and tear resistance. It’s also water proof and insect proof, making it ideal for a multitude of uses.